Monday, September 29, 2014

Wise as serpents harmless as doves




Another transfer is over here in the mission field. Thats 3 down now. On my 4th planner now. Elder Barton and I went to see St Ninians cave last p-day, which is the first place that christianity landed in scotland, in about 400ad or something. Right at the beginning of the great apostasy, funny that, probably explains all the false doctrines that are prevailing around here.

Oh so, I was speaking with a Less active in the Branch, who is a Mcgilvary, like Dads grandma, and I was saying to him that I really liked his Mcgilvary hunting tartan that he had for a kilt, and he said he knew a guy that could get it discounted if I might want some (its a really rare really expensive tartan) so I said that would be awesome. He talked to the guy, and the guy just sent him like 5 meters of it and said just pay me whenever. So now I have 5 meters of mcgilvary hunting tartan to make a kilt, but i need about £150 to pay for it haha. Sorry about that, he didnt mean to get it sent to him yet, it was a bit of an accident. Maybe dont worry about a birthday package this year, haha.   

This week was rough on numbers. To be honest I have felt pretty sad lately. I have been in Stranraer for 4 and a half months and we havent been able to improve anything, no members reactivated, the active members arent doing any more missionary work really, no baptisms, I have been struggling to find what our purpose is in Stranraer. I keep asking the Lord why we are here, what he wants us to accomplish. I dont know what it is yet. So we just keep trying our hardest. Its tough sometimes. In the Book of Mormon when Ammon was busy converting King Lamoni and all of his people, his brothers Aaron and Omner had been called to go among a different people among the lamanites, where they had no success, they were even cast into prison and tortured. Im really greatful that we arent in prison but of late I have felt a little bit like Aaron rather than Ammon, being called to preach to a stiff necked people that wont hearken to the words of the Lord. I am trying really hard to have more faith to find the people that God has prepared here, but it doesnt seem to be working so far. My faith is really being put to the test. It makes sense I guess, the Lord himself withheld things from Mormon when he was compiling the Book of Mormon saying "I will try the faith of my people", I guess thats what the Lord is doing right now. Maybe, Im not too sure. 

Cant say as I really have a solid answer to those questions yet, we are working as hard as we can, I guess thats all that matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment