Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Snake and training




So my week was so busy, I didnt even tract for 1 hour this week because of all the stuff we needed to do. It was a really inspiring week though. We had mission leadership council with all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders in the mission, as well as President Brown and the AP's. It was just so inspiring. It was a little overwhelming because I was in there with all of these experienced missionaries who work hard and baptize heaps, I definitely felt like the runt. They were just all spiritual giants and I felt pretty inadequate. But coming out I was inspired to be better, and to become a better leader like they all are. Elder Neideck was there because he is a Zone Leader too, I think he will become Assistant to the President this transfer because we need a new one and he is just so good. And Elder Thackeray who was my first District Leader was there too. Plus a bunch of other missionaries that I look up to so much. If you cant already tell.... i loved it. 

On Exchanges with the AP's Elder Barney and I went to visit this investigator of theirs in Edinburgh and the craziest thing happened. Basically her and her husband have been coming to church for like a year, and their kids are baptized, but they arent because she had a lot of problems trying to get a divorce so that her (lisa) and her partner Martin could get married. So now they have it all sorted and they are getting married in 2 weeks and getting baptized the week after.  So we went to see them and she has really bad health problems and needs to walk with walking sticks and sometimes when she sits down she cant even get up because of all of these bone and muscle problems she has. So we prayed and we were going down to kneel, but we told her because of her conditions that could would understand and that she didnt have to kneel. She said "I can kneel and I will, praying is important" Amazing right? So it was really painful for her but she kneeled and we prayed, and it took both Elder Barney and I to help her back up after. Then she asked for a blessing, so that she could cope with her pain leading up to and during the wedding. Of course we were happy to give her a blessing. I annointed her with oil, then Elder Barney blessed her. There was nothing spectacular about the process, it was very simple and ordinary. But after we finished she was silent, she sat still for about 5 seconds maybe. Then said "As soon as the oil touched my head, the pain left me" She started to get really excited and jumped up, (by herself) and started to do a little dance, and the kids where jumping up and dancing and Martin was just sitting on the couch completely astonished. Then she put her hands up in the air, Martin said "I havent seen Lisa put her hands above her head in 2 years!" It was so amazing. Elder Barney and I were just amazed at seeing a miracle of such a huge impact. Then Lisa asked if we could kneel and pray to give thanks, so we did, and she knelt completely by herself without any pain, and when we finished the prayer I held out my hand to help her up, and she took it, but she didnt lean on my hand to help herself up for even a second. She didnt use me at all. MIRACLES DO HAPPEN! Jesus is amazing. 

So that is the good news. We also had a great district meeting today in inverness, I feel really inspired to work hard and to do the Lord proud. Its good because even though it is really hard, this week has just provided a lot of chances to feel the spirit and be inspired. 




No comments:

Post a Comment