Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mothers Day, This one got lost in the shuffle

Good to hear from you as always. So first off for Mothers Day this week we are going to try to skype at 7:30 pm here. So I think that is in the morning for you. I am not completely sure. But I should be on right around that time. 

This week has been absolutely crazy.

 We had Zone Interview training which was great. Its probably my last interview that I will have with President Brown before he goes home in just a couple of months. I think its like 2 months now. Maybe less. Actually it is less I think. And I saw Elder Neideck, you know I just miss Elder Neideck every single day. That stupid german smile... 

This week we are doing heaps of travelling with all different exchanges and trying to also find new people to teach. Rachael accepted a date for baptism on the 23rd but she wasnt overly committed to it, so I dont know if she has REALLY ACCEPTED it actually. But I guess we will keep teaching her and see how it goes. 

This week is coming up to one year on a mission. Its a strange feeling, on one hand I feel good that I have made it halfway and I am still alive, on the other I sometimes struggle with hoping that God wont ask of me this year what he did last year, that was the hardest year of my life and I dont know if I could survive just doing it again. 

Its interesting to see that so often God asks us to do things that we really just dont think we can do. 

Oh and Mum, in your last week before your date, that desperation you feel is good. It will push you to find someone. Very rarely does God PRODUCE miracles out of nothing. But he helps us to WORK miracles by the grace of Christ and by helping us to do more and to be better. So just remember in your last week you will need to reach out more and talk to more people and invite as many people as you can. Thats the desperation that makes miracles. Thats the desperation that parted the sea in front of Moses when he and the children of Israel had nowhere else to go. Its good for you, even if it is scary. 

Love you Mum, 

you are the best. 

Elder Tang



No comments:

Post a Comment