Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Aberdeen update.

This week I just rededicated myself, I felt like I was working hard, but that I could work harder, so I said to myself and to the Lord, "dont hold anything back" And I didnt, I took Dads advice and organized our time so strictly that not a single second was wasted. It was hard and it exhausted me beyond reason, but I never felt better in the face of so much opposition. Something so interesting is what Abraham learned when he found that Ram caught in the thicket. After that terrible and harrowing experience, when Abraham had done the will of the Lord, and all he could do had been done, the Lord provided for Isaac's deliverance. How can we be like Abraham? If God could have found a deeper way to test Abraham, he would have done THAT. Go back and read the command of the Lord to him in Genesis 22. He is commanded to sacrifice, HIS ONLY SON, WHOM HE LOVEST! And because he would have done it, and went all the way to the mount, and lifted the knife, and would have so done, he then knew, that he was completely dedicated to God and to his Son. He needed to know that, we need to know that. Has God asked us to sacrifice something we wouldnt give? I know that I have not been as faithful as Abraham, in order to truly know that we are cleansed, we need that kind of spirit of loyalty to God. I learned this week that we need to Love Him more than we love ourselves. This week was still hard, but I felt like I had done enough to please the Lord, and that was the feeling I needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment