Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Transfers are here!

Dear Friends,


Im sorry but Im really terrible at writing as you all can probably tell. 

So the moves call has come in and after 6 months Im getting kicked out of Stranraer, they are offically sick of me. Well I hope they arent haha, but Im getting moved this week to Lochee in Dundee. For all who dont want to bust out google maps its right up on the North East coast, almost up to Aberdeen, just a little north of Edinburgh. Im going to be Senior Companion to Elder Mulville, I dont know anything about him yet, but Im certain that will change. 

The Last few months have been hectic, no baptisms or anything big in that way to update you on, just little experiences everyday where the Lord reassures us that we are doing the right thing, if youre not careful you could miss them. 

I have been learning a lot about love lately, its something I want to get better at. Jesus Christ loves everybody, he loves us all more than anything else, he didnt withhold anything from us when he was atoning. I wish I could have that kind of love, I havent quite figured out how yet. Its one of those mind boggling mysteries that I am trying to figure out by constant pondering. I have a pretty easy time loving the people I spend a lot of time with or that I miss from home and all that jazz. But unfortunately I cant figure out how to love every person I meet yet. I think at some level I do, but I just need to get it out and throw it around a bit... Its easier said than done. One thing I have noticed more though is the more you truly come to love the Saviour, the more you can love others. 

Do you love the Saviour more than your nets? (to find out what I am talking about go hit up John 20, and think about what your nets are) 

Are we each ready to leave our nets behind??? Its a big question. But asking ourselves that will help us to put into true perspective what its worth. Even down to the smallest things, do we love him more than our comfort? Or our easy going lives? Are we willing to make sacrifices. Thats what I have been pondering lately. 

Love yous all. 

Elder Tang

These are a couple of extra details he wrote his mother....

This week was busy but pretty uneventful. Other Than the lesson we had with Matthew which was awesome, he accepted the baptismal commitment and we will see him again this week. He is going through some really hard stuff and needs help, the good thing is unlike so many other people he is willing to accept help and recognizes that going to God is the right thing to do, its pretty amazing really. 

Elder Barton, he has been my favourite companion, the guy that I am replacing in Dundee is coming to be Elder Bartons companion, its pretty weird, Ive never heard of a swap like that. Im a little scared, I have never moved areas before obviously, and Im right in the middle of a big city. The ward there is supposed to be really big, Im looking forward to that, I would just love to sit in a big congregation again. So there are some good and bad things as far as nerves. But all things considered I really have needed a change. 

So a little logistics update, it snows a lot in Dundee apparently, so I will need some boots I think. Ive got a link for some,  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Martens-Boots-Brown-Gr-45/dp/B003SX0ICQ/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1415011431&sr=8-22&keywords=mens+doc+marten+brown   I think Dad said he had some Docs on his mission and they lasted forever. I also tore through the knee in my older black suit, too much praying. (seriously thats what did it) I stitched it up a couple of times but just kept tearing more and more, proabably due to my dodgy repair job, so I can survive on just the one suit for a while but I may need some money for another one soonish. Im sorry to be always asking for stuff. Im trying to make everything stretch, I feel bad asking for stuff all the time. Maybe call the boots good for xmas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Martens-Boots-Brown-Gr-45/dp/B003SX0ICQ/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1415011431&sr=8-22&keywords=mens+doc+marten+brown

thats the link again because I dont know if it worked. (Im a size 8 european, Use your best judgement I guess) 


No comments:

Post a Comment