Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Number 7 Aug 11 2014





Ahhhhhh Hello Dear Friends and family.

The Winds of Change have gusted through the Stranraer area. Moves call came last night with some exciting news. I finished the first 12 weeks (greeny training program) and I have now been called to train a brand new missionary. I have no idea who, because the group gets here on wednesday and then President Brown will decide who is with who. But Its super exciting and nerve racking and scary all at once. My companion Elder Neideck is off to Edinburgh to the Dalkeith ward to be a District Leader. After an unbelievably short 3 months I am into the senior companion seat, didnt expect that. Most trainers have been out about a year, or between 6 months and a year. I had to double check with President Brown to make sure he knew who he was talking to and didnt have the wrong missionary on the phone haha. 

We have had an amazing week this week of teaching and finding. Not baptizing yet but we will definitely get there, and if things keep going the way they are it wont take too long. The Lord is working miracles here in Stranraer. This week we also found a new friend, his name is Moroni, he is a 1.5 week old garden snail. He was hanging out on my jacket on a rainy day, no idea how he got there, but he couldnt have been more than 1 day old at the time, his shell wasnt even colored yet. So we put some dirt and a plant in a measuring jug and now he just stays on our windowsill and sleeps all day. For those of you who know the missionary handbook where it says dont keep pets, I asked my District Leader who said its probably fine because we dont need to feed him, he just eats the plant, so i guess we just keep a plant and he just happens to live on it. Also I guess that means I lied about the no baptisms thing because we baptized our snail... if that counts. It was pretty funny, in a cup. He nearly drowned, lucky he made it. He is getting pretty big now though. Doubled in size in a week. Ok, enough about the snail. 

The work of Salvation is making leaps and bounds forward here in Stranraer, I hope you are all well and that you are eagerly engaged in sharing the Gospel with those around you. Prayer helps a lot. 

Until Next time my dear friends, 

Holiness to The Lord. 

Elder Tang

No comments:

Post a Comment