Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Start May 2014





Elder Tang with Elder Neideck 

Stirling, Scotland, 1898, David O. McKay: “I was homesick and a little discouraged on this day. As we were coming back into town, I saw an unfinished dwelling, over the front door of which was a stone on which there was a carving. That was most unusual, so I said to Elder Johnston, ‘I’m going to see what that is.’ I was half way up the graveled walk when there came to my eyesight a strik-ing motto as follows, carved in stone: “ ‘Whate’er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part.’ I said to myself, or the Spirit within me, you are here as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. That afternoon, I accepted the message given to me on that stone, and from that moment we tried to do our part as missionaries in Scotland” 


President and Sister Brown..



Edinburgh Scotland


In 1840 Elder Orson Pratt, an LDS Apostle, climbed to the top of Arthur's Seat. There he dedicated the country of Scot-land for the preaching of the gospel. Today your missionary climbed the hill and dedicated themselves to the preaching of the gospel in this great land.

No comments:

Post a Comment